Thursday 3 March 2011

FPBA Convention Las Vegas - 2011 - Student and Instructor Challenge

For the Instructor / Student Challenge I was set up with a great team of 3 students to mentor. We chose a design that would be organic and could grow and develop with the students confidence. In stead of asking htem to stick to my idea I wanted them to work within my framework for creating a base / backdrop and them let them jam and experiment with new techniques they had learnt at the convention, show off a bit. I am not really one for competition style body painting and and for a couple of them it was thier first ever bodypaint so I wanted to take the pressure to win and complete a set design I wanted finished to my standards off them and allow them to relax and enjoy their first bodypaint with no pressure to win. The finished look was completely different to how I would have painted it - but I love it as it has a created piece of each girl's creativity shining through all in all it is something of a collaborative collage. As it was even though we were not going for a podium position our design came in 3rd place. Our team consisted of myself, Ronnie Cyr, Erica Taylor and Holly Smith. Well done everyone!! Our model Melinda was a fantastic sport so a big thanks to her too!


To view more images of my work visit my website at www.emmacammack.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment